Dr.Marsha Deveaux Johnson is an ordained minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ and president of Living Joy Ministries, Inc. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree at Bethune-Cookman College (1970)in elementary education and a masters degree (1975) in Education at the University of Central Florida (Formerly Florida Technological University). She earned her Doctorate of Philosophy in Theology at Zoë Bible College in Jacksonville, FL (1990). She was ordained in the College Chapel in August of 1990. She has written inspirational books all of her adult life starting with a publication of poems, “Because I Live”, in 1974. Since that time she has added eleven books to her publication list. She is also a psalmist, authoring many original praise and worship songs.
She spent thirty-one (31) years in public school education (Orange County, FL), serving as a teacher for seven (7) years and a program consultant for fourteen (14) years. She retired after serving ten (10) years as an elementary school principal. She has served thousands of parents and children throughout her career. The power of the gospel of Jesus Christ has guided her life and enabled many accomplishments to come forth. She has sponsored numerous retreats and conferences through Living Joy Ministries. She also co-founded a mentorship program for men and women in ministry.
Dr. Marsha Johnson has received a United States Senate Jefferson Award for her weekly volunteerism at the Center For Drug Free Living's Women Residential Facility where she teaches a "Successful Lifestyle" class to clients.
She resides in Orlando, Florida with her husband David. They have two sons, two daughters-in-law and three grandchildren. See a proclamation by the City of Orlando on David and Marsha's 25th anniversary.
- BS in Elementary Education (Bethune-Cookman College, Daytona Beach, Florida)
- Masters in Elementary Education, Educational Leadership (University of Central Florida)
- Doctorate of Theology (Zoe Bible College, Jacksonville, Florida)
- JEFFERSON AWARD FOR PUBLIC SERVICE - CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE (American Institute for Public Service)
- PRESIDENT'S BOOK AWARD 2002 - Finalist Children's Fiction (FLORIDA PUBLISHERS ASSOCIATION)
BOOKS WRITTEN BY DR. JOHNSON
- Behind The Wall
- Fit For Eternity
- Let A Man Examine Himself
- Power Angels on Assignment Series (3 books)
- Losing Yourself in God
- Living Joy!
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- The Noise in the Market
- Morning Meditations From God
- Because I Live
- Joined at the Heart
- Raising Godly Children
- Possessing Your Inheritance